Mattress Guide – the-bed-shop.co.uk
|Single||90cm x 190cm||3’-0” x 6′-3″|
|Small Double||120cm x 190cm||4’-0” x 6′-3″|
|Double||135cm x 190cm||4’-6” x 6′-3″|
|Kingsize||150cm x 200cm||5’-0” x 6′-6″|
|Super King||180cm x 200cm||6’-0” x 6′-6″|
The size of your new mattress is one of the first, not to mention most important decisions you need to make. There are many options available but here are some handy tips when choosing the best size that suits you:
- Your new mattress should be at least 10cm longer than the height of the tallest person using it.
- The width of the mattress should allow you to be able to put both your hands under your head without your elbows touching the edge of the mattress or the person sleeping next to you.
- Before you buy your next bed, measure your bedroom to find the maximum size of bed you can fit alongside other furniture, leaving enough space to comfortably move around it. Also remember that wardrobe doors open outwards!
- Do you want a Divan or Bed frame? Divan bases often have a sprung surface for extra comfort and resilience. Many contain storage drawers and some are sold with a matching mattress. Be frames usually stand on legs and they look less bulky and make cleaning easy, especially in small bedrooms. If you want to utilise the bed underneath for storage then baskets or canvas boxes are a good idea to keep items tidy and out of sight.
- Also consider the material of the bed frame and the style. Plain metal and wooden frames suit minimal interiors. A wooden sleigh bed, iron or brass beds with castors and finials are ideal for traditional schemes while leather or faux leather exudes modern luxury.
- Please consider whether your chosen bed will easily fit into your home, i.e. if you live in a terrace house or dormer bungalow we would be delighted to advise you on the correct specification of bed.
- Listed spring counts are based on a king size spring unit (measuring 5ft x 6ft 6in /150cm x 200cm). The number of springs will alter on a pro-rata basis dependent on mattress size and spring unit surface area